WVUA TV and WUOA TV Contest Rules
1. Contest Description: From time to time WVUA TV and WUOA TV will give away small promotional prizes ($75 or less in value). The type of contest will either be a random drawing of postcards mailed to the station, random selection of computer entries or the selection of a designated telephone call (e.g., the third caller.)
2. To Enter: No purchase necessary. If the contest is of the random drawing type, participants will be required to supply their name, address, and phone number on a web page or post card entry form that must be mailed to WVUA – TV P.O. Box 870172 Tuscaloosa, Al. 35487. Station is not responsible nor in any manner liable for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or illegible entries.
3. Selection: Drawings will be held at announced times to select the winner(s). The chances of winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. If the contest is of the telephone caller type, participants will be required to call a published number at a designated time. The participant’s call must be the designated number in the sequence of calls received (e.g. 1st caller, 10th caller, etc.) to qualify.
4. Entry Deadlines: Because this contest will be run only when promotional opportunities arise, deadlines for entry will vary and will be announced each time the solicitation for entries is given.
(a) The entry form, if required, must legibly designate the entrant’s name, address, and phone number.
(b) Employees of WVUA/WUOA and all co-sponsors and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, and each of their immediate families (spouse, child, parents, siblings and their spouses) of such employees and other radio, television or print media operations in the stations’ market are not eligible to participate.
(c) This promotional contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and is void wherever prohibited.
(d) Winners will be required to affirm their eligibility and compliance with these rules and regulations.
(e) Individuals are not eligible to win more than one WVUA/WUOA contest within a 30 day period.
6. Prize: The prizes will vary, depending on what promotional items are available (Movie Tickets, Athletic Event Tickets, Concert Tickets, Dinners, Clothing, etc.), but will not exceed $75 in value. Winner is responsible for the payment of all income taxes and any other state, local, or federal taxes payable in connection with the prize received, if any.
7. Winner Notification/Prize Fulfillment: Winners will be notified on air and by phone or mail at the address shown on the entry form if the contest is a random drawing type. If the contest is a phone-in type, winners will be notified during their phone call that they have won. All prizes will be available to be picked up at the main offices located at 190 Reese Phifer Hall, 901 University Blvd. Tuscaloosa, Al or at the venue of the event, if that is determined to be more convenient by the Station. In either case, the winner will be required to show proof of identity or the contest claim form to be entitled to the prize. If the winner requests that the prize be mailed, WVUA/WUOA may, at its sole discretion, elect to do so, but assumes no responsibility for lost, misdirected, or untimely delivery of prizes. Any prize not claimed or accepted within (10) days after notification will not be awarded.
8. Additional Terms: Submitting any entry and acceptance of the prize offered constitutes permission of the sponsors to use the winner’s name, address, photograph, or other likeness for advertising and promotional purposes. By submitting each entry, each entrant agrees to and is deemed to have accepted all of the terms, conditions, and regulations contained herein. No cash equivalents are permitted.